Friday, July 2, 2010

FILM. VON TRIER. BREAKING THE WAVES. ABISUL SUFLETULUI

I watched yesterday Breaking the Waves of Lars von Trier. From the beginning I felt like the director wanted to tell us something was wrong, but what? Was it too much love, or too much faith? Or maybe it was too much "kindness", the way Bess' doctor called it? Whatever it was, I was completely taken by this film, and I am not going to tell you more to not spoil everything. One of the best roles of Emily Watson, the acting of everyone actually, made me feel like I was practically there, it is still haunting me. Bess reminds me a bit of the Meek One, a gentle soul, of Dostoyevsky and at the same time she is a bit of a Jeanne D'Arc, same strong faith taken till the end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...